Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 3

Well today I have kind of been on an emotional roller coaster.  It was my last day of work before going back to school.  Most people would be extremely excited about this, but not me.  I am going to miss my "kids" terribly.  Over the past year I have grown so attached to those little guys, even though they make me want to pull my hair out sometimes.  I know I will be back to visit, but I don't know if I will come back to work full time like I was.  I have been off and on at this job for 4 years and I am so going to miss it.  I am not only going to miss the kids but also the women I work with.  For the most part we all get along so well and I am truly going to miss seeing them everyday! I told my boss I will fill in whenever she wants me to and I know I will be getting calls!! So I did not say goodbye I just said I will see you later!! I am going to miss walking into work every morning and hear all my "kids" call me  "Mama Nikki" as I became known!!  For some of the kids that are there day in and day out you really do feel like you are their parents. It is like I am a mother leaving her 60 children behind.  But it is time to move on with my life and finish my degree!! :)   
 
Master Cleanse day three has been tough! While I was at work it was fine I was not tempted to eat one bit and I just stuck to my drink.  When I got home, now that is a totally different story.  I think I just need to kick my little brother out of the house while I am doing this because he is the cause of all my temptation and boy does he love to rub it in that I can't eat.  But what are little brothers for right?  Well tonight he wanted to order pizza and eat a bunch of junk food while he and my Dad watched the Florida-Oklahoma game.  The smell of the pizza, the shrimp mom was making, and the bbq chicken wings in the oven was too much too handle, so I got my coat on and went to a friends house to get away from the temptation.  The whole time I was in the house I kept saying to my family I really want food, I want it really bad, but I stayed strong and ate nothing.  When I came home the smell was still lingering in the house and I still wanted food, but with a little help from my Mom I re-convinced myself that I can do this and made myself a drink.  This time I thought I would get a little creative and I made it with ice and put it in the blender.  YUM!!! I used a spoon and it was actually like I was eating!! LOL It made me feel so much better!!!   I know now that with my strength and the support of my family that I can do this!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Nikki, you've done it, girl! You have dealt with the hardest part of this cleanse. The rest is just going to be maintenance for you. To be in a house full of food - MANY people would have caved. Believe it! You are SO STRONG!!! I am so impressed and so very, very proud of you. What self-discipline and determination...woo hoo! I am so honored to be able to read about your journey - thank you for inviting me in. xoxo-Carla.

    ReplyDelete