Monday, October 3, 2011

Third Times a Charm?

Well once again, it has been about 9 months since I have blogged.  I guess I haven't gotten the hang of this blogging thing yet.  Maybe the third time will be the charm.  I also haven't been having success in living my best life. But maybe the third time is the charm for that too. 

Like last this year, this year has been full of surprises and wonderful things.  My brother and his wife welcomed thier first child in May and bought their first home in September. Noah Salvatore has been the greatest blessing our family could ever ask for.  He is the sweetest little baby and of course I love him to pieces.  I could go on about Noah all day, but I will save you from a massive blog entry. My brother's house is amazing!  While my older brother is getting adapted to the family life and being a homeowner, my little brother is getting to know what the city life, and wedding planning life is like.  While on vacation to Puerto Rico this summer my younger brother proposed to his girlfriend of nearly five years.  Brooke has been such an awesome addition to our family, and really I couldn't imagine our family without her.  Even before he proposed, I always knew that she would be not only one of my best friends, but my sister.  My mom and dad are finally completely empty-nesters, and I think they are enjoying the time they have with just the two of them.

 As for me, I have turned 25 ( a quater of a century), and I am not going to lie, it has kind of creeped me out being this old.  I don't know what I will be like when I turn 30.  I have gotten a dog! Reezy Fred (yes, after Ryan Lochte and Michael Fred Phelps hehe) has been the best dog I could ever ask for.  I picked him up from the humaine society in March and our bond gets closer and closer each day.  My career has brought me to a new town, new job, new home, and new adventure in life. I am teaching 6th grade at a Catholic school, and living in an apartment above my brother's garage.  Sounds glamorous right?  Well, the apartment is pretty amazing and I am really enjoying my job, and living 10 feet from my nephew.  

I have not been living my best life, and it has been showing.  Today I woke up and said to myself that today is the day that my life is going to change forever.  The cookie dough is out of the freezer, the chips have been thrown from the cupboard, and the mac and cheese has been given to my sister-in-law! It's beyond time to change my life around.  I want to be here to see every part of my nephew's life.  I want to take him to the park and play basketball with him.  I want to meet the man of my dreams and start my own family.  How am I supposed to find a man that is happy with me if I am not happy with myself.  Being happy with myself starts with being healthy.  And that journey to a healthy, happy life starts now!

 I have been in deliberation about joining the gym in town.  I have an eliptical and my family's clinic has a gym within the clinic, but I want to start swimming in the mornings.  The gym membership just seems so much, and with all of my bills and my trip to Olympic Trials this summer, I am wondering if I can afford the $60 a month to join.  I have been thinking about it for a while. My thought process has brought me to this conclusion... $60 a month is nothing compared to the importance of my health and hapiness.  So.... looks like I will be waking myself up at 5:30 every morning and hitting the pool!  Am I crazy?? YES, but hopefully the crazy will pay off and in the end I will be happier than ever!! I'll let you know how it goes waking up at 5:30. I am totally not a morning person and 6:30 has been bad enough, but 5:30... YIKES!!! I will just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end, and being tired will be nothing compared to the way I am goign to feel when I am thinner! So here is to a new chapter in my life and a new journey that WILL work this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment