Monday, January 17, 2011

Am I living my best life?

Wow I cannot remember the last time I posted a blog. So much has happened this year and it has made me sit back and think about my life and what I want out of it. I came to the conclusion that I want more out of life than what I am getting now. I have a great life don't get me wrong. I have loved everything that has happened in my life and wouldn't change it for the world, but I still want more.
This past year my brother has met the woman of his dreams, gotten married, and now is going to be a father. I look at how quickly his life has changed, and honestly I am a little jealous of him. I want to meet the man of my dreams, fall in love, and start a family. Those of you who know me well know that, that is something I have always wanted. Don't get me wrong. I am so happy for him and I love his wife to death. It feels like she has always been a part of our family, and they are completely happy together. I just wish that I had that. In the back of my mind I think to myself "who is going to fall in love with you looking like the way you do?" OK I know, I know, that is not true, but that's how I feel sometimes. But I also think me thinking that in part motivates me. It motivates me to live my best life. It makes me sit back and think... "am I living my best life?" Let me answer that.... NO I'M NOT. That is why it is time to change the way I live. So you are all my witnesses to my vow to live my best life.
This morning I woke up feeling tired, bloated, and just plain GROSS. (I have been feeling that way for a while now) I know why it is I have been feeling this way. I haven't been working out, I haven't been eating right, and I haven't been taking care of ME! Well it's time I took care of me. I know I can do it. I have done it before, but I fell off the deep end. This morning I dug myself out of that hole, crawled out of bed, and got on the elliptical. I had forgotten how much I really do enjoy working out and how much better I feel when I do. I have so much more energy and I just feel so much better about myself. It was an hour out of my day. AN HOUR. An hour that made me feel SO much better. So why am I being so lazy? Why am I not living my best life? Why am I not working out? Honestly I don't know. So why not do something about it. Well I think I just might. Today I felt so great after getting off the elliptical. It's time. It's actually beyond time. I am excited to get back into the swing of things and have some sort of routine in my life. I feel so much better and in the end I will be so much happier. From now on I am going to try and update this blog with tips and take you on my journey to my best life!

No comments:

Post a Comment