Friday, January 1, 2010

2010? Already?

Wow, is it really 2010 already? Seriously where does the time go? In this post I thought about reflecting on the past 10 years of my life, but then I remembered that in 2000 I was an eighth grader. I would have to reflect on all my Jr. High, High School, and most of my College years. That would take way too much time and would probably bore you, so instead I am going to focus on the last year of the decade, which I think had to be the best.

As they say in like a Lamb out like a Lion. OK so I know that is what they say about March, but I feel that the saying goes true for this past decade/even year... ok well maybe not year because 2009 came in with quite a bang in my book! As I reflect over the last year, there are so many things I have to reflect on. For starters, the wonderful new friends that I have formed. I never thought that spending so much time on Facebook could lead to me finding friends that I feel will last a lifetime. Who would have thought that my admiration for Michael Phelps would grow to what some people would call an "obsession" of swimming. I call more of a die hard fan! You can't tell me that their aren't men out there that act the same way about a football or basketball team as I do about USMOST. I honestly cannot tell you how I got into the sport, but I can tell you that I have enjoyed the sport so much and have made some amazing friends. My trip to Indianapolis has topped the list of trips I have take over the past decade. Sure it wasn't a trip to Hawaii with my family (which is also on the top of my list so don't feel bad mom and dad), and it wasn't going on a cruise to tropical islands. It was to a town in the Midwest with a bunch of fangirls. It was meeting people that you have seen on TV during the Olympics so many times and wished you had their determination, their will power, their drive for something they want so bad they can taste it. It was unbelievable and I will NEVER forget it!

For me this past year has topped them all. Each year I feel my life gets better and better. Sure there are always bumps in the road, but that makes us who we are as individuals. One bump that has been in my road my entire life, is the bump I would like to call my weight. This past year I have tried to hurdle over that bump. I succeeded, but only part way. Before I left for Indianapolis, I was determined that I was not going to look the way I did when I got my tickets and decided to go. I knew that I needed to change the way I live. I put my mind to it and no one could stop me. I lost so much weight and I was so happy with myself, but since then I have been stuck on a road block. I make the same resolution every year to lose weight and get in shape, but last year I don't ever remember making that resolution. Last year I threw resolutions out the window along with 50lbs. Maybe that was my secret, to not make it my new years resolution. So this year I am not making it my new years resolution. I am just going to do it because I want to do it. I want to be healthy. I want to shop at more than 2 stores at the mall. I want to not be afraid to do things because of my weight. In 2009 I accomplished that. I remember the first time I went into American Eagle and tried on a shirt just for fun. It fit. I was so excited and thrilled with myself that I could finally buy something from American Eagle. But that is not enough. This year I am striving to go from wearing American Eagle to being able to fit into the dinky clothes at Holister and Abercombie! I will make it happen. Even if it is to just prove to everyone that I can and will do it. I have goals for myself. Not resolutions, but goals. By a certain time I want to lose a certain amount. Those goals as Michael Fred would say "they will stay on the inside", but I know those goals, and I know that they are reachable. Deep down inside I am an extremely competitive person. My mom has said that her and my dad want to shed a few lbs this year. Why not make it a little friendly competition!

This has gotten way too long so I am signing off for now! I think I am going to use this as my workout and weight loss journal so stay tuned for further entries! I am ready and I am motivated. 2010 is going to be the best year yet! Happy New!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment